Thread: Breaking News-Censorship at EO causes uproar

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like

Breaking News-Censorship at EO causes uproar

Breaking News-Censorship at EO causes uproar

From the Expedite Insight .com News Desk
    This is Moderator1 reporting.

Well folks the saga continues.

Before getting into the censorship issues and the advertiser protection at EO, I want to clarify this. This site is not about bashing EO. This site is much more than that. This site is dedicated to drivers and owner operators and their issues. It just so happens that EO pretends to be there for Expediters when in all actuality they are there for their advertisers period. They walk a fine line, they need expediter web hits, but protect their advertisers. Do not be fooled. As long as EO squashes information about owners failing to pay contractors, then this site will report on it. It is not about EO bashing, it is about getting the information to expediters that EO is a carrier whore.

In the article below, we reported on the locking of a thread. Since that occurred it spurred two more threads. One has been deleted or moved somewhere that this reporter cannot locate. The one that is still alive was started by a member named LisaLouHoo, and it follows:

"Removing and Locking Out Threads
    Let me see if I understand...

Someone voices their displeasure with a carrier by name and their thread is removed or locked out.

I noticed one thread is completely gone where an EO member was expressing their disappointment in a certain named carrier (toldyaso toldyaso toldyaso); another thread about lack of pay from a named carrier has been locked out (once again: toldyaso toldyaso toldyaso).

Yet let the certain EO clicque ignorantly attack one who is "not of their own" and the moderators turn a blind eye. This hasn't happened to just me, either, it goes on frequently around here.

While I do not agree with naming carriers in public based on ethics (that is what PMs are for), I wonder if the First Amendment Right doesn't apply on EO if a paid advertiser is being called on the carpet?

If the poster is being libelous, that is understandable...but if they are speaking from firsthand experience, then what is the big deal? It may be morally reprehensible to name names, but if it happened and can be proven, then it's fair game.

Like my great grandma said: "If you don't want anyone knowing what you do, then you'd better not do it"--"

Well Lisa was set straight by many EO protectors including the self appointed "Chef" named Dennis who said:

"EO is a privately owned forum. The owner sets the rules and there are no is no "freedom of speech" or freedom to write or state whatever one wants on a privately owned internet forum....we are here and allowed to use this forum at the "whim" of the owner....he could even charge if he wanted to.. "

There were several more people who jumped on board in EO's defense. It's there (at least for now) if you want to read it. The point is made once again, EO is not a free speech place, it is dedicated to its advertisers.

If anyone knows Lisa please tell her about this site, if she wants free speech this is the place.

EI- It works for Expeditors!
    EO-Works for carriers

You can support who you wish, but if you really think about it, the answer is easy.

From the Expedite Insight .com News Desk
    This has been Moderator1 reporting.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Leader of the Ass Clowns
    "Anybody can have bad breath Marge, But you can knock a Buzzard off a Shit Wagon"
    --George Carlin

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before folks get the wrong idea and dismiss the opener of the article. The admin here is trying to stay off the EO subject. The problem that we face is that we are here for the Expeditor. When we see blatant censorship that protects carrier owners from claims of non payment we are forced into action.

If you choose to boycott our site due to this that is your prerogative. We cannot in good conscience ignore it and maintain our claim that we are here as a vehicle for Expeditors and their interests.

If you want a free exchange this is the place.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Leader of the Ass Clowns
    "Anybody can have bad breath Marge, But you can knock a Buzzard off a Shit Wagon"
    --George Carlin

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me see if I get this right:

I pledge allegiance to the Dollar,
    and to whoever has the most Dollars (corporation, lobbyist, ...),
    and to the process that protects them and me from getting caught,
    one market, under no rules, mergers allowed, and all the justices bought. AMEN!

The EO motto, Rebublican motto, Tea Party motto, and corporate America motto.

Founding Member

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I do so like the idea of a site that puts my interests ahead of carriers.

Put me on a highway
    and show me a sign
    and take it to the limit
    one more time

Founding Member

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Know EO sucks but I still feel a need to have a presence or three there. They have banned me "WELLARMED"and seven other screen names but I still maintain a presence for all the bullcrap there needs to be a voice of reason,I like to think EO would be pretty boring without me stirring the crap or should I say pointing out the crap.

Founding Member

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It is a fine and noble mission, I like how you are using that jpalmer name to gain credibility too!

Put me on a highway
    and show me a sign
    and take it to the limit
    one more time

Founding Member

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DougTravels View Post
    It is a fine and noble mission, I like how you are using that jpalmer name to gain credibility too!
    May the banning begin LMAO, good move doug,keep selling me out but JPALMER,I was so in...when they get done banning all my screen names they will have banned about 25% ROFL

Founding Member

Member #
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    For Cheri, Wellarmed/jpalmer

Put me on a highway
    and show me a sign
    and take it to the limit
    one more time

Specialized Hauler Chat Box Open To Everyone  [Archives]

Welcome, Thank You for stopping by. Please say hello.
Loading ...
Show the formatting buttons line (BBCODES) Show the smilies selection line Open the rules window Show the help window Full page mode
Empty the chat input field Refresh the chats